Diet to Go is a meal plan delivery service that provides a sustainable, common sense approach to healthy eating based on smart food choices and portion control. Diet to Go offers a number of pre-packaged meal plans including low-carb, low-fat, and low-fat vegetarian diets.
How does Diet to Go work?
Daily 1,200 and 1,600 calories options are available in either 5 day or 7 day per week plans. Dieters choose breakfast, lunch and dinner meals or can opt to receive lunch and dinner meals only. All meal plans are pre-selected, but can be customized to accommodate food allergies and sensitivities.
All meals are flash-frozen and delivered weekly and include extras like fruits, sides and condiments. Diet to Go meals are ready to heat and serve, using either a microwave or conventional oven. Most meals can be fully heated in the microwave in as little as 3 minutes. Upon payment, orders are shipped the following Monday and normally arrive within three days. Food orders renew automatically each week and can be stopped by calling Diet to Go customer service line.
Diet-to-Go also services over 200 active pickup centers in select locations in the Washington DC Metro area including Northern Virginia and Suburban Maryland, Baltimore area, Greater Philadelphia including South New Jersey, and the San Francisco Bay area.
Meal Cost Averages
Prices vary depending on the number and quantity of meals ordered, but the Diet to Go average price per meal is relatively low at about $6 – $7 (approximately $20 per day). Menu choices that affect food cost include:
- 1,200 or 1,600 daily calories
- 5 or 7 day meal plans
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner vs. lunch and dinner meals only
- Diet type: low-fat traditional, vegetarian, or low-carb
Delivery and Food Pick Up Costs
- Local pickup fee (per week): $4
- Mail order delivery fee (per order): $16.95
Available in Continental US only
*Pricing reflects available cost details as of January 2012.
Pros and Cons
- Meal plans meet the dietary guidelines of several major health organizations including the American Dietetic Association, American Diabetes Association, and the American Cancer Society
- Diet to Go meals are prepared “in-house” in a regularly inspected, quality-controlled facility
- A 100% satisfaction guarantee promises that if you are dissatisfied with your order or Diet to Go service, they will make it right or refund your money
- Daily and weekly prices are quite a bit higher than comparable meal delivery diet plans
- Diet to Go does not assist dieters with incorporating physical activity to reach weight loss goals, nor does it offer important support services such as access to dietitians and community forums
- Nutrition and other menu details are only available online which may present a problem for those with food allergies or sensitivities
Diet to Go aims to provide customers with fresh, delicious, low-calorie, nutritionally balanced meals to help them lose weight or support an already healthy weight and lifestyle.
Here are some of Diet To Go’s latest promotions25% Off $75 Minimum Order – Coupon Code: NEWYEAR25 $20 Off First Order – Coupon Code: CJ2000 Save 15% on Any Order Size – Coupon Code: CJ15P